The successful applicant will be a member of Asset Management Real Estate, based out of Seoul, and will help underwrite and manage real estate equity and credit investments in South Korea. The applicant will work as part of small deal team, and be responsible for conducting due diligence on potential investments, performing valuation analyses, structuring, executing and monitoring investments. The applicant must have strong analytical skills with a proficiency in financial modeling and valuation and experience with investment committee processes. The candidate will be expected to work closely with other members of the team, helping generate and develop investment ideas, leading financial valuation analyses and due diligence assessments, driving investment committee processes and working on investment structuring and documentation.
- Your role will involve analyzing various real estate investment opportunities through all parts of the capital structure and across all traditional and alternative asset classes within real estate. This will also extend to helping formulate a thesis around a particular investment opportunity or strategy, working within the broad and flexible parameters of our investment mandate
- You will be expected to have strong analytical capabilities and presentation skills. The candidate should be up to date with macroeconomic conditions, as well as key drivers and fundamentals in major real estate asset classes
- Seeking ambitious team players with strong communication skills and work ethic, with the ability to generate and develop investment ideas and present to internal counterparts and external market participants.
- Analyze potential real estate investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence and valuation work across various real estate asset classes and capital structures
- Preparation of investment committee papers, in addition to any other internal / external presentation materials
- Supporting senior members of the team in structuring investments and making investment and asset management decisions
- Assist senior members of the team in the preparation of term sheets and reviewing transaction documentation
- Project management and team co-ordination
- Interface with external parties, including coordination of 3rd party advisors, financiers and operating partners, as necessary
- Working alongside asset management team members to support portfolio investments
- 1-3 years relevant experience in areas such as private equity/credit (or other real estate investing/credit role), capital transactions, investment banking, management consulting, real estate investment management or real estate development
- Strong modelling (high proficiency in Excel), valuation and basic accounting skills
- Real estate valuation and investment management experience in both equity and debt
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (written and verbal, English and Korean)
- Project management and presentation skills
- Creative thinkers with strong problem solving skills, and flexibility to adapt to different situations, market conditions and evolving strategies
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.