The successful applicant will be a member of India PI Real Estate, based out of Mumbai, and will help source, underwrite and manage real estate equity and credit investments in India. The applicant will work as part of small deal team, and be responsible for identifying, conducting due diligence on, structuring, executing and monitoring investments. The applicant must be able to interact with other members of the team as well as market participants including intermediaries, real estate companies and developers and vendors. The applicant will also be expected to manage investment committee processes, lead transaction negotiations and structuring and drive due diligence efforts.
- Your role will involve analyzing various real estate investment opportunities through all parts of the capital structure and across all traditional and alternative asset classes within real estate. This will also extend to helping formulate a thesis around a particular investment opportunity or strategy, working within the broad and flexible parameters of our investment mandate
- You will be expected to have strong sourcing capabilities and industry contacts including intermediaries, brokers, real estate companies and developers. In addition, the candidate should be up to date with macroeconomic conditions, as well as key drivers and fundamentals in major real estate asset classes
- Seeking ambitious team players with strong communication skills and work ethic, with the ability to collaborate with a local and global teams and external partners and consultants
- Source and identify potential real estate investment opportunities across equity and credit
- Manage the preparation of investment committee memoranda, alongside a small deal team, in addition to any other internal / external presentation materials
- Perform due diligence and valuation work across various real estate asset classes and capital structures
- Lead the structuring, negotiation and documentation of investments
- Assisting with client/ operating partner dialogue and working alongside the asset management team to make asset management decisions
- Project management and team co-ordination, including the development and training of junior team members
- Interface with external parties, including financial intermediaries, real estate companies, real estate operating partners, financiers, consultants, legal etc.
- Master’s in Business Administration or other post-graduate finance or accounting degree
- 7-10 years relevant experience in areas such as private equity/credit (or other real estate investing/credit role), capital transactions, investment banking, management consulting, real estate investment management or real estate development
- At least 3 years of prior investing experience and/ or investment banking experience
- Real estate valuation and investment management experience in both equity and debt
- Project management and presentation skills
- Creative thinkers with strong problem solving skills, and flexibility to adapt to different situations, market conditions and evolving strategies
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.