The Private Credit Associate will work closely with senior professionals and will receive significant investment evaluation and execution responsibility.
As a member of our team you will:
- Support investment teams throughout identification and assessment of investment opportunities
- Build financial models and valuation analysis
- Conduct company and industry due diligence
- Write internal memoranda and reviewing legal documentation
- Work with legal, financial, and commercial advisors on process management, diligence, structuring, and negotiations
- Monitor and tracking existing investment positions
- Assist the other Private Credit team members with all other aspects of business development
- Collaborate across the firm
You will bring to the role:
Educational and work experience related to investment management, preferably at the institutional level. Additionally, the successful candidate should be able to conduct quantitative and analytical financial analysis taking a bottoms-up approach to fundamental investing. Most importantly, the individual should be intellectually curious and engender a strong sense of commitment and integrity.
Required knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability:
- Private credit or other similar investment experience, highly preferred
- Strong communication skills (writing, verbal, and presentations)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong modeling skills
- A high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic
- An ability to fit into a small team
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong academic credentials; B.A. or B.S. (in relevant major) from accredited institution and two – five years of experience at a top-tier investment manager, investment bank, commercial bank or similar
Special remarks regarding work environment:
- Vulcan Capital is a dynamic work environment. Individual will be expected to be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Must be team-oriented and able to work in a close-knit environment
- Individual must share a passion and commitment to the values and mission of Vulcan Inc
Your characteristics include:
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness with an entrepreneurial spirit
- An authentic appreciation for Vulcan’s mission to solve the world’s toughest problems
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- A sense of humor and an appreciation for sharing in success with teammates
- A keen emotional intelligence quotient and a contained ego
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
Source: Vulcan Career Page
Vulcan Inc, is a private investment company located in Seattle Washington started by Microsoft co-founder, Paul Allen. The Real Estate Team at Vulcan consists of a small but talented group of ~35 real estate professionals. The team offers a full suite of development and portfolio management services. Since 2000, Vulcan Real Estate has delivered over $3 billion in real estate assets across 33 projects comprising of 8 million square feet and 1764 residential units.
Vulcan's real estate investments have largely taken place in the renowned urban redevelopment project, South Lake Union in Seattle. Approximately 80% of their real estate projects have occurred there.
As of mid-2017, the company manages a real estate portfolio of $2.9 billion, including office, life sciences, residential, and mixed-use assets. Its planned development pipeline consists of 23 investments, which consist of 5.6 million square feet of commercial space and over 3,000 residential units.