Aimco is seeking a Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst in our Bethesda, MD office, who will play a key role as a member of the acquisitions team providing support for new investments. Within Aimco, this role is also known as a Financial Analyst.
Among other things, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team’s investment pipeline and monitor potential opportunities across Aimco’s targeted markets.
- Participating in all aspects of the deal process including underwriting, market research, rental and sales comp analysis, IC memos and presentations, due diligence, and closing.
- Project management duties. One example could be the oversight of the underwriting, tracking, and closing for individual units for a large-scale condo conversion.
- Assist with the post-closing transition process with Aimco’s operations, finance, accounting, marketing, and construction services’ teams.
To be successful, you should:
- Preferably have a Bachelor’s or advanced degree with a major in finance, real estate, accounting, or economics.
- Have demonstrated 1-3 years of success in real estate experience preferably in an acquisitions/development, investment sales, investment banking, valuation or finance role.
- Possess superb financial modeling prowess in Excel. Coupling this with strong written and verbal communication skills, you demonstrate the ability to present complex analyses to senior management in a story-telling, consultative manner.
- Prove that you are a self-starter with a strong desire to work and contribute within team – oriented, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Show your strong desire to grow a career in real estate, leveraging your impeccable attention to detail as well as the ability to work under strict deadlines while working autonomously, proactively, and always multi-tasking.
Source: Aimco Career Page
With roots going back to 1975, Aimco has grown to become one of the largest owners and operators of apartment homes in the United States. The company, a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, provides apartment homes to nearly 250,000 residents in 23 states and the District of Columbia. The company's shares are listed on the S&P 500 and are traded publicly on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AIV).
The company's business success revolves around its ability to execute well on five key areas of focus: above-average tenant retention and operating results through well-operated properties, a diversified portfolio and disciplined capital recycling plan, a robust development and redevelopment pipeline, a well-balanced, well-managed balance sheet, and a focused business culture and strategy.