Blackstone’s Real Estate Private Equity Group offers Senior Associates the experience on a professional team whose work involves the acquisition of real estate-related companies, portfolios of real estate assets and individual properties worldwide.
Analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of real estate investing and can expect to be staffed on a number of transactions at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts are expected to assume integral roles on deal teams. Associates are involved with the development, structuring and financing of transactions and regularly attend both internal and external meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions.
The Senior Associate will spearhead multiple projects at once employing a range of skills. The main areas of responsibility for the Senior Associate will include:
- Real estate and public company valuation analysis
- Performing various analyses to assist in making investment decisions
- Development of presentations
- Leading due diligence and execution of transactions
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Assisting with legal negotiations and due diligence
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, mature and intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. The successful candidate should have:
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to write effectively
- A desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure
- 5 – 8 years of work experience in Financial Services, including investment banking, private equity, direct investing
- Previous Real Estate experience is preferred
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.