The Real Estate Analyst will work closely with commercial loan originators on complex commercial mortgage deals. The analyst will focus on reviewing and evaluating new loan opportunities and serve as a key point of contact for tracking the progress of those opportunities through the loan cycle, assisting with the marketing of our products and services to potential customers and interacting with the borrowers through the underwriting process.
- Actively assist in ongoing underwriting and deal management in close coordination with senior loan originator and supporting team members, including the review of Excel-based underwriting workbooks and narrative presentations.
- Review, size, and price transactions with originators during the quote process.
- Draft quotes to the business and credit teams and add/maintain quotes in the internal tracking (CRM) system.
- Review and analyze property and market data to determine the terms and conditions of the loan.
- Assist originators in their marketing of company products and services.
- Assist in identifying, tracking, and converting new business relationships and meetings.
- Maintain communication with the borrower and other third parties throughout the underwriting process.
- Compile market research data and maintain database of information.
- Prepare formal loan applications for lenders and internal underwriters including written narrative reports and backup analysis and data. Answer questions from lenders and internal underwriters generated by the submission and research, analyze and provide additional information on request.
- Assist in maintaining vendor relationships, soliciting and organizing report bids and arrange due diligence collection and site inspections.
- Assist in the closings of loans.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Minimum 2 years underwriting or analytical skill in a commercial real estate capacity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, competence and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Ability to travel 1x or more per month for site inspections, meetings, and industry events.
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.