Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
The Real Estate Analyst, GSE Small Loans will work with credit and production to manage the origination and underwriting process for Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Small Loans ($750k – $7.5MM in select markets).
- Provide initial review of deal opportunities and recommend best course of action and product execution
- Work closely with agency contacts to obtain the necessary waivers and approvals (if necessary)
- Analyze and review borrower credit information and structure, third party reports, property financial and physical information to determine deal viability
- Perform site inspection due diligence to evaluate market competitiveness of the proposed collateral and to determine economic feasibility of the projected income stream
- Prepare underwriting narratives and independent cash flow value estimates
- Present recommendations to the appropriate approval committee, including all key documentation (term sheets, applications, commitments, credit memos, etc.)
- Manage and train a dedicated team of analysts
- Communicate consistently with Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking production network and manage borrower clients through the approval and closing process
- Manage the closing process and deliver the necessary documents and loan information to Berkadia’s servicing team and agencies
- Educate Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking production network on agency requirements and available loan products for small loans
- Work collaboratively with the Mortgage Banking production network to market the various loan products to their borrower clients
- Conduct and participate in customer meetings and conference calls
- Other duties as assigned.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Proficient in financial analysis and risk mitigation
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage expectations of both internal and external customers
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to continually evolving technology
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.