Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of Blackstone’s existing real estate portfolio in Australia
- Assisting Portfolio Management in asset reviews, hold/sell decisions, and fund models
- Develop and maintain relationships with external asset managers to ensure maximum investment returns on assets in the portfolio
- Work with JV Partners to develop and execute budgets/business plans, including sales and marketing, leasing and financing
- Oversee and monitor capital expenditure, including the planning and execution of renovation/property maintenance programs
- Responsibility for quarterly fund valuations together with Asset Managers
- Working with acquisition and dispositions teams as well as joint venture partners to insure consistency in the execution of transactions
- Assisting in commercial aspects of fund administration, equity draws, investor relations, fundraising and reporting
- Assist in commercially negotiating and executing large ticket commercial real estate-backed loans
- Review and assist in negotiating loan documentation
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with Lenders and Asset Managers on property performance
- Track loan covenants and reporting obligations
- Ideal candidate would have a commitment to excellence in their work product, strong time management skills, ability to multi-task with strong participation in a collaborative team culture
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree
- At least 2 years of finance experience, ideally in real estate investment, investment banking or relevant professional experience
- Superior academic achievement
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to handle multiple projects at a time
- A self-starter, but with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Genuine interest in the real estate industry
- Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic to persevere; genuine passion for excellence; results-oriented
- Personal and professional integrity
- Advanced user in Excel and PowerPoint
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.