- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of Blackstone’s existing real estate portfolio in China
- Identify and analyze trends in the industry and recommend investment strategies and opportunities
- Enhance current market relationships and cultivate new transaction sources, both internally and externally
- Develop and maintain relationships with external asset managers to ensure maximum investment returns on assets in the portfolio
- Work with external asset managers and/or JV partners to select, monitor and supervise property managers along with respective property management agreements and budgets
- Oversee and monitor capital expenditure, including the planning and execution of renovation/property maintenance programs
- Perform detailed visits to potential, and actual new investments
- Proactively pass own market knowledge on to more junior colleagues
- Monitor and oversee revenue drivers, occupancy levels, operating expenses
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant asset management experience and thorough understanding of Asia Pacific real estate market
- Proven track record asset managing real estate portfolios, both stabilizing assets and greenfield development
- Strong project management, financial and analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial demeanor, results focused
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong communication skills and Mandarin language skill is a requirement for this position
- The candidate must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- He/She will be team-oriented and collaborative and must possess strong integrity and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree with honors from a top university or college
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.