Seeking an Associate for Blackstone’s European Property Income Fund (“BEPIF”) Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. BEPIF is Blackstone’s new retail investor focused open ended pan-European fund which will include investments across multiple sectors, including Multifamily, Office, Retail and Industrial.
In this role, the Associate will be an integral member of the Real Estate Finance team in London focusing on FP&A. The focus of the team is to produce reporting and strategic thinking of BEPIF’s financial results for stockholders and senior management and perform analyses to drive strategic business decisions. The Associate will have the opportunity to participate in an array of projects and will be expected to assume a key role on the team.
- Analyse complex financial information to provide meaningful, accurate, and timely Financial Real Estate performance reporting to the board for decision making purposes
- Intensive focus on portfolio returns, composition, collections, leverage, performance against reference indexes, etc.
- Produce portfolio analysis and presentations for BEPIF’s management team, including:
- Working with the acquisitions and asset management team on real estate performance
- Working with the capital markets team on liabilities performance and strategy
- Working with Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies (“BREDS”) liquids team on securities performance and strategy
- Execute ad hoc projects, and generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for investors, management team and board
- Coordinate with both internal and external teams to deliver efficient reporting and processes to the BEPIF team
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assess the impact of material market events on the financial performance of the portfolio (e.g., regulatory changes, BREXIT, etc.)
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavours.
- Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, or other quantitative fields demonstrating consistent academic excellence
- 4- 5 years of relevant financial services industry experience (Real Estate, Banking, Investment Management, Audit/Advisory)
- Prior work experience in real estate funds or portfolio management, banking/capital markets, and/or financial reporting a significant advantage
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, VBA experience an advantage
- Analytical and quantitative skills, highly organized, comfort working with large data sets, and the ability to identify data inconsistencies and patterns
- Team player with resourceful mindset and efficiency-driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce creative, compelling, detailed reporting materials
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments, strong time management skills, and attention to detail
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.