Seeking an Analyst for Blackstone’s European Property Income Fund (“BEPIF”) in the Real Estate Finance Valuations team. BEPIF is Blackstone’s new retail investor focused open ended pan-European fund which will include investments across multiple sectors, including Multifamily, Office, Retail and Industrial.
In this role, the Analyst will be an integral member of the Real Estate Finance team in London focusing on Valuations. The focus of the team is to assist in striking the monthly NAV for the fund. The successful candidate will coordinate across internal and external groups to produce best-in-class valuation analysis for stockholders and senior management, as well as participate in an array of projects and will be expected to assume a key role on the team.
- Manage monthly valuation process for Blackstone’s European Property Income Fund which targets income generating, stabilized assets and real estate related debt in Europe
- Engage directly with Asset Management in preparing monthly valuations, which includes financial modelling and valuation analysis
- Manage the production of valuation materials in accordance with Blackstone’s valuation process
- Calculate fund level key performance metrics (i.e., shareholder returns, IRRs, TWRs).
- Aid in the preparation of RE strategic plans and business analysis. Participate in valuation automation projects and assist in enhancing the group’s reporting processes, procedures and analytics
- Execute ad hoc projects, and generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for investors, management team and board
- Coordinate with both internal and external teams to deliver efficient reporting and processes to the BEPIF team
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assess the impact of material market events on the portfolio (e.g., regulatory changes, BREXIT, etc.)
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavours.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
- Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, or other quantitative fields demonstrating consistent academic excellence
- 3 years of relevant financial services industry experience (Real Estate, Banking, Investment Management, Audit/Advisory)
- Prior work experience in real estate funds or portfolio management, banking/capital markets, and/or financial reporting a significant advantage
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, VBA experience an advantage
- Analytical and quantitative skills, highly organized, comfort working with large data sets, and the ability to identify data inconsistencies and patterns
- Team player with resourceful mindset and efficiency-driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce creative, compelling, detailed reporting materials
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments, strong time management skills, and attention to detail
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.