The Core+ Real Estate (“RE”) Finance Group performs analyses and financial reporting of RE results and strategic business initiatives.
- Manage quarterly valuation process for Blackstone’s Core+ real estate funds, which includes global investments across multiple sectors, including Multifamily, Office, Retail and Industrial
- Manage the production of valuation materials across regional teams in accordance with Blackstone’s quarterly valuation process
- Engage directly with various teams including, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Deal Professionals and Global Accounting teams in preparing quarterly valuations, which includes financial modeling and valuation analysis
- Review / calculate fund level key performance metrics (i.e. IRRs, TWRs)
- Drive valuation automation projects and assist in enhancing the group’s reporting processes, procedures and analytics
- Review / prepare presentations and memorandums for senior management
- Aid in the preparation of RE strategic plans and business analysis
- Support Blackstone corporate finance and investor relations teams during the quarterly earnings process as well as on an ad hoc basis in dealing with clients and investors
- Involvement with Blackstone SEC financial reporting – preparing and reviewing deliverables for quarterly filings
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assess the impact of material market events on the portfolio (e.g. regulatory changes, BREXIT, etc.).
- Managing and mentoring junior staff
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with strong GPA
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Experience with open-ended real estate fund finance, valuations and performance reporting
- Strong leader with solid business judgment
- Ability to partner across teams, summarize issues, develop recommendations, and make decisions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and detail-oriented
- Strong proficiency with financial modeling in excel
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Possesses a strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity, a positive attitude and genuine passion for excellence
- Highly organized
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.