This position is organizationally aligned with the Real Estate Portfolio Management team to successfully deliver on critical portfolio management & valuation reporting projects. The scope of the role includes projects across all real estate strategies (opportunistic and core+) as well as initiatives related to the portfolio management companies. The Portfolio Management Reporting Analyst is responsible for executing project tasks and smaller project streams assigned by the project lead and stakeholders. Additionally, specific responsibilities will include:
- Delivering timely and accurate reporting materials to support and facilitate Portfolio Management’s oversight of the global real estate portfolio
- Interacting with internal stakeholders to coordinate and synthesize data and analytics from across the real estate portfolio and working to automate and streamline requirements with data sourcing
- Coordinating project tasks and streams; developing and maintaining project timelines and management updates
- Documenting business requirements for reporting and process changes
- Identifying opportunities for process efficiency improvements
- Driving and coordinating user testing activities and provide training to end users
- Planning and executing data migration
- Reconciling and validating migrated data and reports
- Coordinating & working directly with offshore teams
- Functional user support on a day-to-day basis
- Acting as a liaison between the portfolio management, technology, and finance teams participating in and contributing to shared projects
- Acting as a system super user helping others to leverage systems more effectively and establishing best practice system processes
- Candidates must have 1+ years of relevant experience in business analysis / project management and/or portfolio reporting
- Prior Real Estate Investment, Investment Banking, or Portfolio / Fund management experience preferred
- The ability to effectively work as an individual contributor and possess strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- The ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines; the candidate is a self-starter that thrives on complexity and solution finding
- Working experience with:
- Portfolio reporting systems (e.g. iLevel or Voyanta),
- Property management systems (e.g. Argus Enterprise, Yardi)
- Debt management systems (e.g. Chatham Financial)
- Business modeling tools (e.g. Anaplan) and data visualization and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word); The candidate is expected to have experience building and working with large data validation files (Pivots, V-Lookups) as well as some experience of building macros in MS Excel
- The profile involves effective communication across Blackstone’s real estate operations globally and hence possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills verbally and written is a must
- A demonstrated ability to write effectively and summarize large amounts of information succinctly and quickly
- A desire to work in an international team environment, often under pressure and with multiple stakeholders
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.