The Research team at Invesco Real Estate is recognised for providing forward-looking views on the markets. Our research is integrated into the investment decision making process and supports all parts of the business. Our deep market knowledge is showcased in our semi-annual House View reports, which analyses demographic, economic and real estate market data, in order to produce market rental growth, yield and total return forecasts. The European Research team currently comprises a dedicated team of four research professionals located across Europe. The European team is part of the global research team totalling 18 people based around the world. This role sits within the European team and based in Munich, working closely with the Research Strategist, Europe and the research team to deliver research support on a number of European markets to all areas of the European business (i.e. fund management, transactions, asset management, client relationship management). Prior work experience within a real estate environment is required.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- To work with other members of the research team on the characterisation and analysis of European economies and the forecasting of real estate markets. Support for presentations to internal and external clients.
- Work with other members of the research team to support Invesco Real Estate’s transaction, fund and asset management specialists in the interpretation of the House View and the production of high quality research materials.
- Proactively assist with the development of Invesco Real Estate’s forecasting systems, models and House Views.
- Develop specialist knowledge of a number of economies, markets and sectors, to be agreed with the team leaders.
- Develop knowledge of external data providers in order to help maintain the quality and accuracy of the European real estate database. Develop and maintain a network of local market experts.
- Undertake special projects as assigned. Such projects could include information gathering for new investment possibilities, individual or thematic market reports, the investigation of capital flows on market pricing, etc.
- Use statistical analysis methods to identify relationships among factors related to real estate performance. Examples of potential applications include classification, time series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Some experience of working in a real estate environment.
- Experience of market research in Europe would be a benefit.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Fluent in German and English. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential (both in German & English). Additional European language skills would also be considered valuable.
- Ability to present technical analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- A proven numerate background and strong computer skills (especially the Microsoft Office suite of applications) are important;
….knowledge of applied statistics and econometric modelling techniques would be a benefit; knowledge of GIS systems and / or R programming would a considerable advantage.
- Self-motivated, intellectually inquisitive, organised with flexibility regarding travel and working hours if necessary to meet important deadlines. Must be able to handle and prioritise multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Compliance awareness and knowledge: Learns to understand and strictly adheres to relevant Invesco procedures manuals.
- Develops practical and up-to-date knowledge of the relevant regulatory and statutory environment and other relevant regulations as to how they may impact on investment market pricing
- Business knowledge: Develops and seeks to continuously improve knowledge of the investment management sector / Gathers and develops relevant product knowledge
- Appropriate level of numeracy and accuracy: Continuously checks own work for accuracy and attention to detail / Works accurately under intense time pressure.
- Applies a logical and structured approach to all tasks / Displays a “feel” for checking and validating investment data
- Understands the principles of investment research: Learns to understand the linkages between investor & occupier sentiment, economic performance, investment yields and rental growth.
- Develops a “feel” for the challenges and opportunities presented within the real estate markets
Serving the customer: Quickly and easily assimilates data and information to solve client queries / Remains calm and professional when dealing with difficult people/issues
- Challenges views: Independent mind, with an ability to challenge views
- Contribution to projects: Co-ordinates and monitors tasks / Manages own tasks in a structured fashion / Identifies problems and takes corrective action / Keeps sponsor informed of progress/issues
- Possesses a high degree of computer literacy: Has an appropriate knowledge of MS Office applications / Maintains and develops appropriate IT knowledge at all times
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent qualification, in Real Estate, Geography, Economics, Maths (or a similar numerate subject), or job holder is able to demonstrate equivalent academic calibre.
Source: Invesco Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.