This role will have key responsibilities in underwriting/managing /overseeing commercial real estate loans that GS has an interest in. This is a key hire to expand the firm’s CRE Warehouse asset management services platform in the Dallas Office. The candidate will execute these tasks in a team environment, with co-ordination between senior RMD Management and the different GS investment and lending divisions.
- Work collaboratively to achieve department and firm objectives
- Develop and maintain market relationships with appropriate vendors and other industry participants
- Keep Senior Management informed about potential decisions’ impact on assets and asset performance
- Analyzing and presenting opportunities and risks inherent in specific sectors and markets
- Performing valuation analyses and due diligence related activities
- Tracking and forecasting operating cash flows from real estate assets using a combination of market data, property specific operating norms, actual performance data and GS specific standards
- Coordination of internal and external resources to analyze investments opportunities
3. Asset Management
- Oversee and/or directly manage a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate loans
- Experience interacting with property managers, third party vendors, borrowers and law firms
- Experience in cash flow modeling/forecasting in conjunction with the use of market sale and rent comps to determine real estate values across a variety of property types: multifamily, hospitality, retail, industrial, office, self-storage, senior living, etc.
- 2+ years of CRE experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong academic background
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.