Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX seeks an Associate in the US. Real Estate (USRE) Multifamily group within the Realty Management Division (RMD). USRE supports real estate investing across multiple product types across the US. This includes sourcing, underwriting and due diligence, acquisitions, asset management, construction and development activity, financings and dispositions for the firm’s real estate investments.
The Associate will be responsible sourcing and analyzing investment opportunities for multi-family assets, including development. The ideal candidate has experience in core / core-plus investing strategies, possesses knowledge of key real estate markets across the US and has relationships with industry contacts. This person will support the acquisition process from initial bid through closing, including working with analysts that perform “pre-screen” underwriting and deal structuring; performing due diligence and underwriting once investments are under letter of intent. Work with internal stakeholders and third- party service providers including operating partners, lenders, appraisers, compliance, and legal to ensure that deals get closed.
Other related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain relationships with brokers, operating partners, real estate developers, and other industry contacts Formulate and execute real estate investing strategies to maximize value through knowledge of real estate markets and value-add strategies
- Assist in the development and presentation of real estate and other investment theses with recommendations to investing partners and senior management for approval
- Work closely with operating partners and third parties to evaluate asset performance an collect portfolio level financial information
- Conduct in depth market and portfolio analyses; understand industry trends and real estate market cycles
- Strong academic background – 4 year finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- Minimum three years of real estate experience with multi-family / residential living development, acquisitions, and asset management preferred
- Extensive experience in analyzing real estate investment opportunities and business modeling
- High-performing, driven professional with proven track record
- Solid analytical / logical mindset and attention to detail Strong written / verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) and able to successfully manage internal / external relationships
- Must know MS Office Excel to an advanced level Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a team setting
- Able to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.