Fund Management is the hub which connects the various elements of production and portfolio oversight throughout the investment lifecycle. The Portfolio Manager will report to the VP of Fund Management and work closely with the Investor Relations, Asset Management and Finance departments. The Portfolio Manager will oversee the operations and risk mitigation of Berkadia’s tax credit investment funds from stabilization through disposition.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for investors post-closing.
- Interact closely with other departments, such as Investor Relations, Asset Management and Finance departments, to fulfill investor requests.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of Fund audited financials and tax returns
- Review investment operating agreements and ensure compliance with ongoing fund management obligations.
- Analyze lower tier and upper tier tax-basis and 704(b) basis capital account projections through the end of the LIHTC compliance period and provide recommendation to VP as to potential risks which may affect investor IRR.
- Perform annual update stabilized Fund models based on actual tax returns, including analysis and internal reporting of material variances in investor IRR.
- Prepare and review reports to investors on property and portfolio performance.
- Complete annual analysis of Fund reserves and sustainability. Review annual fund cash waterfalls and all upper tier asset management fees and fund operating expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three to five years prior experience in a similar position
- Fund / Partnership Accounting or Tax preparation experience
- LIHTC experience
- Financial modeling experience preferred
- Strong quantitative background
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.