This position has two key purposes: 1) support the investment process, acquisitions team, and portfolio managers by conducting quantitative/qualitative analysis and preparing market/submarket forecasts used for underwriting acquisitions and managing assets; 2) analyze economic/demographic/real estate trends and help identify/ develop key investment themes across property types and geographies.
- Monitor economic indicators, shifting demographics and real estate fundamentals/capital markets trends. Synthesize data and conduct econometric analysis. Develop and maintain econometric and financial models. Interpret and communicate results with internal and external stakeholders, via both written and oral communication.
- Help identify key investment themes in both core and alternative property sectors as well as geographic regions that drive the firm’s investment strategies. Assist in the preparation of strategic memos and white papers targeted for internal and/or external use.
- Assist with market research reports across property types, geographic regions (with a West Coast emphasis), and investment types (core, value-add, development) for presentation to Investment Committee, and in support of business plans of existing assets (e.g., hold/sell analyses). Help prepare 5-year fundamentals forecasts at market, submarket & comp set levels.
- Assist with regular research analysis of the office sector and help prepare an in-depth annual study of key trends and opportunities in this sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university, preferably in finance, economics, real estate, urban planning, or a quantitative field• Minimum of 1-3 years work experience (including internships) in any of the above fields. Applied real estate research and/or investment experience preferred.
- Strong analytic (including statistics), quantitative, and modeling skills
- Strong skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint; MS Access and/or programming experience a plus
- Ability to respond quickly, meet deadlines, and take ownership for work in a fast-paced setting
- A self-starter who can work independently and is detail-oriented but also thinks strategically
- Skilled at interpersonal and team communications; strong writing skills
- Must possess a strong desire to learn about real estate investment and the commercial real estate industry. Must be able to work as part of an investment management team that also includes colleagues in acquisitions, asset management, portfolio management, and marketing.
Source: Clarion Partners Career Page
About Clarion Partners
For more than 30 years, Clarion Partners has successfully managed real estate investments on behalf of large institutional investors from across the world. Growing to become one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas, Clarion Partners has 10 offices located throughout the United States and Latin America.
Clarion's investment strategies span the risk spectrum, from core to opportunistic with investments in both equity and debt. It invests in institutional-quality office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and hotel properties.
The company currently manages $44 billion in real estate assets for 200+ U.S. and international institutional investors. Clarion Partners employs 280+ employees in the United States, Brazil, and the UK.