Our Chicago office is seeking a Retail Asset Manager for our Private Equity business in North America.
The responsibilities of a Retail Asset Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Apply knowledge of how assets compete and operate by evaluating leases, occupancy, revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Plan and organize asset objectives and resources to meet asset needs and financial objectives
- Evaluate performance against budgets and business plans
- Anticipate issues that impact the success of the assets/portfolio
- Establish leasing strategies and closely monitor property management teams, and/or joint venture partners
- Review recommendations from the construction team in context of asset strategy
- Monitor compliance with legal documents
- Provide exceptional client service
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Communicate regularly with firm leaders, the client and the Heitman team
- 10 years of real estate asset management experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of retail real estate experience or exposure to retail assets required
- Experience in one or two other property types a plus
- Possess knowledge of real estate investment management trends
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with others
- Capable of managing several projects at one time
- Demonstrate an ability to follow company’s best practices and values
- Strong financial modeling (ARGUS, Excel) and writing skills
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.