Our client, a leading global private equity firm, is looking for a highly talented acquisition professional to join their US Real Estate investment team in Washington DC.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with small deal teams to analyze and execute real estate investments throughout the US;
- Effectively communicate with and report to all levels, from Senior Associates to Managing Directors;
- Perform extensive financial modeling, including scenario and sensitivity analyses, development of sources and uses, discounted cash flows, promoted and carried interests;
- Ensure accuracy of all models adopted and utilized;
- Develop and maintain research on certain geographic markets and/or sectors;
- Participate in all aspects of investment transactions, as requested by team members:Draft investment committee memos
- Conduct due diligence, including environmental and physical studies, insurance, property tax research
- Collaborate with the firms partners before and after acquisitions
- Complete closing statements
- Develop transition plans for completed acquisitions
- Travel to visit potential and existing investments, as needed
Candidates must have:
- Expertise in Excel and the overall financial valuation and modeling process (there will be a modeling test);
- Functional knowledge of Argus;
- Solid understanding of and ability to model capital structures, including senior debt, mezzanine debt, preferred equity, and common equity;
- Talent for managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to quickly and efficiently perform tasks, maintaining a focus on details;
- Ability to perform market analysis, including rent and sales comps studies, “on the ground” market tours, meetings with brokers and market experts;
- Ability to assess qualitative and quantitative characteristics of properties and/or investments
Professional & Character Expectations:
- Highly ethical
- Strong sense of accountability, responsiveness, and follow-through
- Team oriented, with consistent drive to maximize value-add to team
- Strong analytics
- Consistent attention to details
- Ability to handle projects with minimal training or oversight
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly adaptable, with flexibility on depth and breadth of role and responsibilities
Academic & Career Background:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong performance from a top undergraduate institution, 3.5 gpa or higher;
2-3 years of experience as a financial analyst at a leading real estate financial institution or developer;
- Work experience in real estate investing, advisory, or financing.
Our client is looking for an end of Summer start ideally. This is a fast paced, tight knit team. The program is for two years with the possibility of extending for a third. They will pay for relocation within the US. You must have a valid green card or be a US citizen.
About RETS Associates
RETS Associates (www.retsusa.com) is one of the nation’s leading real estate executive search firms, specializing in connecting today’s companies with valuable talent to deliver long-term profitability. With a proprietary database of more than 50,000 experienced candidates, RETS helps global, national, and regional real estate and construction companies strategically recruit and hire both permanent and interim employees. As a trusted advisor with proven results, the firm has successfully placed more than 3,000 candidates to date and continues to achieve a 99% candidate retention rate.
RETS was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Newport Beach, CA with additional offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, Charlotte and Phoenix.
Specialties: Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Recruiting, Executive Search, CRE, Real Estate Staffing, Networking, Accounting, Acquisitions, Asset and Property Management, Construction, Development, Finance, Financial Analysis, Leasing, Portfolio Management, Capital Raising, Multi-Family Real Estate, Single Family Real Estate, Senior Housing, Interviewing, Resume Reviewing, Real Estate Jobs, Commercial Real Estate Jobs, Interim Search, Direct Hire Placement, Hiring Solutions.