Reporting to the Manager of Asset Management, the Analyst of Asset Management is responsible for assisting in the quarterly reforecast and annual budget process for real estate portfolios that have a broad range of asset classes. Also, the analyst will be assisting in the valuation of real estate assets on an ongoing basis. The candidate must be organized and have proven capabilities in multi-tasking and completing tasks on time, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assume a key role in preparing quarterly reforecasts and annual budgets for various portfolios. This will require fostering a close relationship with property and leasing brokers/managers to gather and reflect accurate leasing, and capital assumptions for the revenue models.
- Work with external appraisal companies to conduct annual fair valuation calculations for property portfolios as required. Develop models as needed to calculate FMV.
- Working knowledge of Argus and Excel to review valuation models and to perform scenario analysis as needed
- Develop relationships with various stakeholders including Appraisers, Consultants, Lenders, Leasing Brokers/Managers, Lawyers and Owner Managers.
- Prepare timely and accurate evaluations of prospective tenant’s financial covenants and NER calculations
As required, assist in adhoc projects that require analysis related to site redevelopment and re-leasing.
- Prepare and monitor leasing fee schedules for renewal and new deals, making sure that invoices are generated and submitted for processing with a high degree of accuracy once the deals are finalized.
- Provide analytical support for lease negotiations, development projects and recoverable capital projects as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics Finance or Real Estate.
- CPA or CFA designation or working towards one
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of analytical experience in the real estate sector
- Understanding of the Canadian real estate market and experience with office, commercial and industrial asset classes
- Experience with Argus, Microsoft Office 365 Suite & MRI
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Source: Cushman Wakefield Career Page
About Cushman & Wakefield
With 43,000 employees in 300 offices across 70+ countries, Cushman & Wakefield is one of the largest real estate services firms in the world. The company had $5 billion in revenue from its various services including agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services, global occupier services, investment management, project and development services, tenant representation, and property valuation.
With roots going back to its predecessor's founding in 1784, Cushman & Wakefield also has some of the longest and richest corporate history of any real estate firm. The company offers expertise in a wide range of real estate sectors and specialties including banking, government, land, residential, industrial, data centers, healthcare, law offices, retail, net lease, education, energy, hospitality, life sciences, multifamily, technology, not-for-profit, and airports and ports. Cushman & Wakefield strives to lead the real estate industry through the best talent, best clients, and best results.