MetLife seeks an Equity Asset Management – Senior Analyst to join the Washington, DC regional office managing a portfolio of assets on behalf of our general account, ODCE fund and Separate Account Clients. Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. MetLife Real Estate sources and manages a $25 billion portfolio through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago.
The Senior Analyst will support the Washington DC Region’s Asset Management team in the leasing, property management, construction management, client reporting, valuation and overall accounting for a defined portfolio of commercial investment properties. Property types may include office, retail, multi-family and industrial.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and expense management to maximize recurring net income.
- Assist with lease analysis and negotiations and the preparation of legal documents and contracts. Coordinate and manage various internal/external resources and consultants (i.e., attorneys, environmental, construction).
- Oversee quarterly asset valuations including both internal valuations and review of external appraisals.
- Participate in the development and implementation, through third-party property and leasing team strategies for leasing, operations and capital expenditures that will maximize property performance.
- Support other members of the asset management team on regular and occasional reporting requirements including business plans, portfolio management and other reports.
- Provide support for development and construction projects including draw review, budget review, tracking of preferred returns and attend construction meetings as required.
- Support the sales process of designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence and closing.
- Support equity acquisition process. Participate in pre-acquisition due diligence. Assist with the selection of property management and leasing teams by securing proposals, conducting interviews and assisting with management agreements. Assist with the property transition process by working with internal bank relations, insurance and accounting departments.
- Lead OFAC reviews and related information for the Region.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Additional proficiency preferred in Argus Enterprise and MRI.
- Team player with the ability to take on multiple assignments simultaneously with specific deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field.
- Real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
- Knowledge of sustainable real estate practices, LEED GA.
- Results-driven professional with 3+ years of experience in commercial real estate or asset management.
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.