MIM Real Estate maintains a portfolio comprised of equity real estate, commercial mortgages and agricultural mortgages on behalf of MetLife and third-party clients. The Real Estate Equity Strategies Group (ESG) sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional offices in the U.S. and International offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Sr. Analyst will support the Portfolio Management unit in ESG. Primary responsibilities for this position include overseeing the production of external client and internal management reporting and analytical support for MIM Real Estate’s approximate $14 billion Managed Account platform. The Sr. Analyst will also provide broader Portfolio Management Operational support for other real estate investment accounts within the ESG.
- Support the MIM Real Estate Portfolio Management and Operations team in driving portfolio performance and platform growth.
- Establish strong working relationships with MIM’s Client Services Group, Finance Department, and the Real Estate regional office network.
- Coordinate the completion of monthly / quarterly / annual internal and external client reporting packages.
- Review account performance / exposure vs. benchmarks, such as NCREIF.
- Provide financial analysis support at the asset and portfolio level.
- Support the Equity Strategies Operations Group and Portfolio Manager in special projects related to the expansion of MIM Real Estate’s Investment Management platform.
- Seek to elevate the client facing reporting and portfolio analytics of the Real Estate Managed Account portfolio.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BA/BS in real estate or finance preferred.
- Ability to work within a team environment, effectively handling multiple issues, prioritizing deadlines appropriately and remaining flexible and professional.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in institutional real estate investment management, preferably in a client facing / servicing capacity.
- Ability to multitask in, high performance, collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Strong financial modeling skills a plus.
- Familiarity with real estate specific applications, such as; Argus, View The Space (VTS), Chatham Financial and MRI/Yardi a plus.
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.