The Finance & Business Operations team supports the territory focusing on business performance management, financial planning and reporting, pricing & revenue optimization, and strategic initiatives. This role partners closely with the cross-functional territory team (Sales, Operations, Real Estate, and Development).
Finance & Business Operations will measure and track KPIs and financial metrics that support strategic decision-making. You will balance multiple projects at once and partner with various operating and analytic groups. The ideal candidate is analytical, motivated, resourceful and eager to dive into the data. To succeed in this role, you must have strong leadership, communications and relationships skills as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. You will have significant autonomy, so we’re looking for good judgement and experience working cross-functionally and at all levels.
- Planning: Lead key components in the development of the territory’s annual operating plan, budgeting, forecasting, and review.
- Reporting: Deliver timely reporting of financials and key performance indicators (KPIs) with minimal supervision and surfaces new insights to support the business.
- Analytics: Independently perform asset-specific analyses (e.g. asset performance reviews, new asset underwriting, portfolio optimization, pricing, etc.) to drive business improvements at the direction of the Territory Finance Leader and represent him/her when absent. Collaborate across the organization, especially with our central analytics team based in New York which includes analysts in real estate, sales, marketing, pricing, and operations.
- Leadership: You will live the mission and values of WeWork at all time and model the leadership behaviors you expect to see in your territory. Mentors junior team members and develops/maintains cooperative work relationships with cross-functional partners.
Who we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or other course of study.
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A and/or Strategic Finance equivalent functions; experience in analytically-driven roles is a plus (i.e. Investment Banking, Consulting, Analytics, etc.).
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
- Experience defining analytical/research projects, analyzing data, modeling, and generating practical insights and recommendations.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once.
- Resourceful and relentless. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle.
Source: WeWork Career Page
WeWork builds beautiful, shared office spaces, community, and a place to join as an individual, 'me', but where you become part of a greater 'we'. WeWork redefines success as a measure of personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line.
The WeWork mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. WeWork empowers team members to create their own life's work - to move fast and to challenge one another, as well as look after each other and care about the culture.