The Senior Analyst will provide analytical support by constructing and monitoring multi-dimensional top down views of portfolios, performance attribution drivers, ex-ante VaR analysis, and reporting for internal and external client requests. While the role will primarily focus on client portfolios of the Public Fixed Income strategies, the analyst will also assist in supporting coverage of the Private Capital and Real Estate businesses.
- Support the Portfolio & Risk Analytics team’s mission of identifying, measuring and monitoring quantitative portfolio risk measurements with a focus on aggregated portfolio level risks and portfolio construction
- Create, develop and enhance risk reporting capabilities on portfolios and strategies across key risk indicators
- Produce daily risk reporting and attribution reporting for internal and external clients
- Communicate investment risk insights through impactful presentations with members of the investment team
- Monitor capital markets, macro-economic conditions and industry trends and escalate as necessary
- Perform daily monitoring of risk analytics to ensure data quality
- Seek to elevate the overall analytical capabilities of the Portfolio & Risk Analytics group
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2-4 years relevant experience in asset management, investment risk management, portfolio construction, data analysis
- Ability to prioritize, manage and execute on multiple projects in a high performance, collaborative environment
- Strong experience in reporting and data analysis in Excel required; experience with Bloomberg and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin
- Knowledge of public fixed income markets in general and existing Public Fixed Income business strategies
- Strong interest in capital markets and the asset management business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for continuously improving existing capabilities and strong desire to help support MIM business growth
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Data Analytics, Math / Statistics, Business or related fields
- Experience in VBA, SQL and/or Python a plus
Less than 10%
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.