We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst or Associate in our Los Angeles office to provide the sole analytical support for Portfolio Management SVPs and the US Investment portfolio’s operations. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail oriented critical thinker with effective multitasking skills. High quality work product delivered in an accurate, complete and timely manner is expected. Analyses should be thorough, well supported, and demonstrate an understanding of the business.
- Assist Asset Managers in monitoring and managing existing debt and equity real estate investments, including interaction with Borrowers, Equity Partners, Property Managers and Leasing Agents.
- Prepare and deliver high quality work product in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Analyses will be thorough, well supported, and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the real estate business.
- Perform detailed financial analysis/modeling, including with respect to lease analysis, mortgage analytics, discounted cash flows, asset valuations, and cost benefit/ROI calculations. The ability to create dynamic new models within Excel to address complicated investment and capital structures is critical.
- Prepare and maintain monthly asset management reports and consolidation and review of operating budgets and variance analysis on both property and portfolio levels.
- Maintain accuracy of asset management database and portfolio metrics.
- Conduct market and submarket analysis and reporting on rents, competition demographics, and supply/demand drivers.
- Assist in preparation of public company and investor reporting, including quarterly updates.
- Interact with Finance, Investor Relations, Accounting and other teams, as well as third party advisors when necessary.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree with a strong academic record at a top undergraduate institution(s), with an emphasis in finance, business and/or real estate.
- Integrity and hard work ethic with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Argus and MS Excel required
- Highly intelligent and detail oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Has the aptitude to interpret financial, technical and legal documents.
- Understands general finance, accounting, leasing and capital markets concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize a quantitative financial analysis into concise written and verbal reports
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels
Source: Colony Capital Career Page
About Colony Capital
Founded in 1991 by Thomas Barrack Jr, Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) is a Los Angeles based real estate equity REIT with an institutional investment management component. The company currently employs over 500 people worldwide managing in excess of $56 billion of private and public real estate equity and debt assets.
Previously referred to as Colony Northstar, Colony Capital has 17 locations across the world where it executes on its strategy of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and creating long-term value for its shareholders and investors through significant global scale, an expansive operating platform, capital markets access, and the ability to invest up and down the capital stack.