The Senior Analyst will serve as an integral member of the portfolio management team, and will be essential in crafting, overseeing and executing on the strategic objectives for two Separate Accounts. The portfolios consist of multiple investment strategies, property types and markets. The primary responsibilities will include assisting with portfolio management, asset management and acquisition duties including client meetings / presentations, modeling, client reporting, property valuation analysis, lease analysis and special projects for several separate account portfolios.
- Assist with the analysis for new investments to ensure that the opportunity meets the goals and objectives of the portfolio, including market reviews, analyzing rollover exposure, confirming return thresholds and assessing concentration risks.
- Participate in due diligence including lease reviews, pro forma analysis, including undertaking detailed analyses of a property’s (1) tenants and in-place leases; (2) operating and financial statements; (3) market and competitive position; (4) engineering and environmental condition; (5) taxes, insurance and service contracts; and (6) other pertinent property-level factors and market feasibility review.
- Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios
- Maintain property valuation files including conducting periodic internal valuations for business plans and specific deal analysis.
- Review annual operating budgets & business plans
- Analyze lease transactions
- Assist with financing and disposition transactions
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Maintain fund and portfolio organizational documents and processes
- Interact with senior level Asset Managers in order in order to gain information necessary to update assumptions in model and report to portfolio managers
- Communicate back to Asset Managers important valuation-oriented property level targets for budgeting purposes
- Administer valuation information exchange for valuations with third party appraiser
- Process client ad hoc information requests
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.
- Financial Modeling experience. Proficiency in Excel and fundamental finance concepts is required. Exposure to ARGUS (Enterprise or DCF) and multiple real estate product types and due diligence skills is preferred.
- Competency in Argus, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in real estate or financial services.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team that includes the disciplines of finance, research, acquisitions, asset management and marketing.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision.
Source: Clarion Partners Career Page
About Clarion Partners
For more than 30 years, Clarion Partners has successfully managed real estate investments on behalf of large institutional investors from across the world. Growing to become one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas, Clarion Partners has 10 offices located throughout the United States and Latin America.
Clarion's investment strategies span the risk spectrum, from core to opportunistic with investments in both equity and debt. It invests in institutional-quality office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and hotel properties.
The company currently manages $44 billion in real estate assets for 200+ U.S. and international institutional investors. Clarion Partners employs 280+ employees in the United States, Brazil, and the UK.