The Senior Analyst, Structured Finance will be responsible for assisting the deal team with accumulating information for loan processing, ordering reports for use in the due diligence process, preparing the credit memorandums for submission to the credit committee, and assembling complete loan files for examination by the underwriter. The Analyst, Structured Finance is also responsible for assisting the Structured Finance Underwriting team with the analysis and evaluation of potential structured products.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The Senior Analyst, Structured Finance will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of borrowers and guarantors
- Assisting underwriters in the completion of analytical spreadsheets and underwriting narratives in preparation for loan committee.
- Completing financial and credit reviews
- Interface with credit, portfolio, operations and product specialist personnel, as required, to facilitate the underwriting, closing, and transition of prospects to portfolio management
- Engage outside parties for collateral reviews, appraisals, background checks, and accounting due diligence, as necessary
- Perform on-site due diligence through property inspections
- Managing company loan files
- Tracking loan applications
- Gathering information for supply and demand analysis
- Reviewing all application documentation and property information
- Communicating with other Arbor departments in the coordination of underwriting, closing, and managing structured loans
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or a related discipline
Experience: Minimum of two to three years of experience in finance or related field; previous experience in real estate, risk/financial analysis, valuations, relationship management, workouts, capital markets and rehabilitation are a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent financial, analytical, communication, project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to success
- Possess a working knowledge of PC/desktop software applications and analytical programs.
- Loan processing/analysis or other loan origination experience preferred.
- The qualified candidate will be hard-working, a quick learner, detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
Travel: Up to 20%
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.