The general role of the Asset Management Senior Associate is to actively and systematically assist an Asset Manager in the management of investments to optimize asset value. The Asset Management Senior Associate will assist an Asset Manager in the evaluation of asset performance against relevant benchmarks, development, and execution of asset strategies. Specifically, responsible for analysis of major leases and impact on value through ad-hoc and Argus DCF modeling, lease restructuring and alternative scenario modeling/analysis. Also responsible for providing support and coordination to the preparation of the quarterly and annual property reports and budgets. The Asset Management Senior Associate will assist in the management of a dedicated portfolio of assets that will cross multiple product types/markets and multiple Asset Managers.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepare analysis of historic portfolio and property results in comparison to industry benchmarks useful in evaluating performance.
- Prepare analysis of all leases, capital projects, or other investment decisions impacting asset value, primarily done through ad-hoc modeling in Excel and Argus DCF.
- Works with Asset Manager to create operational strategy for appropriate benchmarks (annual, 5-year, 10-year) on assets under management.
- Assists in the reviews of the valuation models (Argus and Excel), contribute asset and market level feedback to ensure accurate valuations are maintained.
- Coordinates the development of the Annual Business Plan (ABP) with third-party service providers and internal stakeholders, including the review and approval of annual property operating and capital budgets.
- Provides analysis of property performance relative to budgeted targets.
- Supports the Asset Manager supervision of activities of third-party management and leasing firms; Coordinates with Invesco’s third-party insurance contact person to provide needed analytics.
- Supports Asset Manager enforcement of internal audit requirements with third party providers, and further ensures that third party providers are conducting business in accordance with property management agreements.
- Researches data needs such as lease information and market reports; Reviews Lease Submittal package, evaluates tenant business and credit, and performs lease analysis to see effects on asset performance.
- Obtain lender approval for lease agreements, coordinate release of escrow accounts, and manage any other lender requirements; Assists in the acquisition/disposition process for select investments; will act as point person for acquisition due diligence.
The experience you bring:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in commercial and/or multifamily real estate, underwriting or valuation experience is required.
- Property level experience is a plus.
- Four year or equivalent undergraduate degree in Business or related field, and comparable business/real estate experience. Post graduate education a plus.
- Effective interpersonal, communication (speaking and writing) and listening skills; Strong financial skills including fluency with Microsoft Excel, Argus, VTS, and Word;
- Ability to understand and interpret commercial lease agreements and language; Ability to undertake detailed analyses to make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations;
- Ability to prioritize, organize, time manage, balance competing deadlines, and be a self-starter are essential;
- Ability to understand present value concepts and financial terminology; The ability to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment and work with all levels of management and personnel on the critical projects are required;
- Analytical problem solver that can creatively devise solutions and provide tactical advice/implementation strategies; A commitment to continued education in real estate skills will be encouraged.
- This job requires periodic overtime and the potential for limited travel within the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.