This position is based out of the Dallas office and will report to the Separate Account Industrial Asset Manager. This position will be responsible for the management of approximately 11mm sf of existing industrial assets located across the US owned by our separate account clients. Current markets include: Columbus, OH; Louisville, KY; Carlisle, PA; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Reno, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Los Angeles, CA; Newark, CA; and Seattle, WA.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day operations of existing and future assets;
- Creatively add value and carry out strategic goals at the property level through property management, implementation of capital improvements and sustainability initiatives, as well as working with the regional industrial asset managers on leasing and the transactions teams on sourcing, underwriting and closing acquisitions and developments;
- Responsible for writing and delivery of all monthly and quarterly reports for clients to portfolio management teams;
- Prepare and execute annual strategic business plan for each property, including leasing goals with input from the regional industrial asset managers, operating budgets, capital project plans, hold/sell analysis;
- Select and lead third party vendors (property managers, tax consultants, etc.);
- Work with property management, regional industrial asset managers, leasing teams, analysts and portfolio management in the development and approval of annual operating budgets;
- Review monthly operating/financial performance, variance analysis and operating/capital project status and efficiently communicate the results to portfolio management including key issues and solutions;
- Work with analysts to complete internal quarterly valuations for the properties and review external appraisals as required with input from the regional industrial asset managers, transaction team, and portfolio management;
- Develop an understanding of the real estate markets in which assets are located including annual market and property tours;
- Develop and implement a plan for tenant engagement;
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships in each market (i.e. property management, tax consultants, etc.);
- Work with transactions team on identification and execution of dispositions;
- 4-year college degree, real estate, accounting or finance degree preferred;
- 6-8 years asset management, accounting, and/or portfolio management experience, minimum of 3 years industrial experience required;
- Transaction experience preferred (i.e. acquisitions, development, dispositions);
- Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills;
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team;
- Know when to ask for help and/or guidance;
- Superior verbal and written communications skills (direct and concise) along with strong presentation and executive reporting skills;
- Ability to timely meet deadlines;
- Have excellent leadership abilities, be an efficient delegator, be a confident communicator with the level of maturity and presence necessary to interact with the senior management of the firm, as well as external constituents;
- Strong problem-solving orientation with the ability to identify and execute a strategic solution;
- Strong computer skills and experience with financial modeling and familiarity with Argus Enterprise;
- Willing and flexible to travel (~1-2 times per month)
Source: Clarion Partners Career Page
About Clarion Partners
For more than 30 years, Clarion Partners has successfully managed real estate investments on behalf of large institutional investors from across the world. Growing to become one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas, Clarion Partners has 10 offices located throughout the United States and Latin America.
Clarion's investment strategies span the risk spectrum, from core to opportunistic with investments in both equity and debt. It invests in institutional-quality office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and hotel properties.
The company currently manages $44 billion in real estate assets for 200+ U.S. and international institutional investors. Clarion Partners employs 280+ employees in the United States, Brazil, and the UK.