Your role sits within the EMEA team and based in Munich, working closely with the Regional Investment Strategist, Europe and the European Strategic Analytics team to deliver strategic support on several European markets to all areas of the European business (i.e. fund management, transactions, asset management or client relationship management).
You will be responsible for:
- Working with other business members on the characterisation and analysis of European economies and the forecasting of real estate markets. Supporting for presentations to internal and external clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues of the strategy team to support IRE’s transaction, fund and asset management specialists in the interpretation of the House View and the production of high-quality research materials.
- Proactively assisting with the development of IRE’s forecasting systems, models and House Views.
- Developing specialist knowledge of economies, markets and sectors, to be agreed with the team leaders.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge and a network of external data providers to help maintain the quality and accuracy of the European real estate database.
- Undertaking special projects as assigned. Such projects could include information gathering for new investment possibilities, individual or thematic market reports, the investigation of capital flows on market pricing, etc.
- Using statistical analysis methods to identify relationships among factors related to real estate performance.
The skills and experience you’ll bring
You will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification, in Real Estate, Geography, Economics, Maths (or a similar numerate subject), or demonstrate an equivalent academic calibre
- Some experience of working in a real estate environment, preferably with a real estate fund manager
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are important (both in German & English). Additional European language skills would also be considered valuable.
- A shown numerate background and strong digital literacy (especially the Microsoft Office suite of applications) are important; knowledge of applied statistics and econometric modelling techniques would be a benefit; knowledge of GIS systems and spatial analytics, programming (R / Python), or machine learning would a considerable advantage.
You are able to:
- Develop compliance awareness and knowledge
- Present technical analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Handle and prioritise multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Develop and improve knowledge of the investment management sector. Capture and develop relevant product knowledge
- Check own work for accuracy and attention to detail and works accurately under time pressure.
- Apply a logical and structured approach to all tasks. Display a “feel” for checking and validating investment data
- Understand the principles of investment research
- Assimilate data and information quick and easy to tackle client queries. Remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult people/issues
- Bring an independent mind, with an ability to challenge views
- Co-ordinate, supervise and handle (own) tasks. Identify problems and take corrective action. Keep sponsor advised of progress and/issues
Source: Invesco Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.