This position provides objective, impartial and unbiased opinions about the value of real property for a variety of clients and intended users. Performs a range of functions, including comprehensive and detailed market research, report writing and creating complex financial models, as well as significant client interaction and business generation.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Research and assess property information
- Analyze data regarding comparable sales, listings and rentals
- Construct financial models, including discounted cash flow
- Prepare appraisals and other consulting reports that can assist the client with decision making
- Meet with existing and prospective clients
- Interact on a regular basis with clients
- May supervise and train a Junior Appraiser
Communication Proficiency (oral and written) Client Focus Detail Oriented Research Skills Problem Solving/Analysis Financial Aptitude Business Development People Development
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, real estate or economics
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred
- 8 years of experience appraising commercial real estate
- 5-7 years of experience interacting with clients
Additional eligibility qualifications
- Expert proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel) and Argus
- Ability to develop appraisal business
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 95% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (branded C&W Services), global occupier services, investment management (branded DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, and as such, we hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield