Directs the financial activities for a region within the Global Occupier Services business. The ideal candidate is a commercial partner and trusted financial advisor to Regional Client Delivery leader. The candidate provides financial oversight to a portfolio of clients across multiple service lines across many geographies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating and ensuring budgetary control, adherence to reforecasts, oversight of the day to day activities of the finance teams, accurate financial management and reporting of the accounts within the region. The Financial Director ensures that all clients in the portfolio follow C&W policies and procedures and deliver accurate financial results. The Finance Director understands client and corporate demands and helps the team balance workloads to meet both demands consistently.
The Financial Director will be proactive member of the Finance Management Team with direct involvement in and accountability for the overall financial performance of the region.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- Graduate work or CPA certification preferred
- 10 years’ experience in financial oversight roles (e.g. Commercial Finance / FP&A), real estate experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Working experience with real estate accounting systems, preferably Yardi, as well corporate reporting systems.
- Experience as a department head including business planning, budgeting, personnel management and staff modeling.
- Candidate must have the capability to manage, coach and counsel a team of financial professionals in the performance of their duties and identified goals and objectives.
- Must be a strong team player with an ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, and client representatives
- Understand SOC1 and SOX Compliance
- Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial approach
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
- Good communicator (written and verbal), with high quality report writing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Committed to achievement of assigned goals and targets.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain progress on multiple projects and processes.
- Finance lead and commercial partner to Regional Client Delivery Lead
- Ensure high standards of financial control are maintained and that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented, reviewed and validated.
- Preparation of global budgets, forecasts and cash flow reporting
- Act as change agent, with a relentless focus on governance, controls, organization design, resourcing, and productivity
- Forecasting, financial modeling and expense analysis. Responsible to identify potential risks and opportunities to Budget or Forecast
- Management of the finance function and oversight of the finance team across a portfolio of different clients and service lines
- Attract, place, and retain top talent within the region
- Partner with Client Delivery Lead to identify growth opportunities and ensure client teams manage expenses appropriately
- Strategic thought leader keenly focused on finance governance AND partnering with leadership to drive growth and high-performing teams
- Work with cross functional teams to drive efficiency and improve quality
- Anticipate the needs of the region to ensure that financial management continually adds value.
- Work with the Financial Team to ensure proper accounting and reporting of expenses and business tax implications (e.g. VAT, GST, TDS)
- Timely production of internal financial reports
- Works closely with Finance Platform to ensure that financial management for all core and major accounts conform with Global Occupier Services standards
- Actively participates in training programs for core and major accounts financial employees (and clients who choose to participate) May conduct seminars and other programs that enhance employees’ skills as well as improve employees’ morale and job satisfaction
- Takes a lead role in staff meetings/conference calls with Group Client Accounting Managers to discuss strategies and tactics as well as pending financial issues
- Identifies best practices, continually enhancing efficiencies, and improving quality.
- Provide constant direction to and communication with the Global Finance organization.
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
Source: Cushman Wakefield Career Page
About Cushman & Wakefield
With 43,000 employees in 300 offices across 70+ countries, Cushman & Wakefield is one of the largest real estate services firms in the world. The company had $5 billion in revenue from its various services including agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services, global occupier services, investment management, project and development services, tenant representation, and property valuation.
With roots going back to its predecessor's founding in 1784, Cushman & Wakefield also has some of the longest and richest corporate history of any real estate firm. The company offers expertise in a wide range of real estate sectors and specialties including banking, government, land, residential, industrial, data centers, healthcare, law offices, retail, net lease, education, energy, hospitality, life sciences, multifamily, technology, not-for-profit, and airports and ports. Cushman & Wakefield strives to lead the real estate industry through the best talent, best clients, and best results.