Heitman is in search of a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis to join their Corporate Finance team. The role will support Heitman’s budgeting, planning, forecasting, strategic business assessments, and ongoing financial reporting and analysis. They will support the financial analysis efforts for business units; providing the financial modeling, rationale, risks, and budget implications plus cost/value assessment that supports Heitman’s business decisions. We are looking for a self-starter who is a strong problem solver, quick learner, collaborative and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities of a Senior Financial Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Support end-to-end development of budgets, strategic business plans, revenue/expense forecasts, capital projections, and monthly tracking of actual results, which includes:
- Developing budgets, monthly reforecasts, and all supporting financial analysis including managing monthly reporting, monitoring, and financial variance explanations
- Supporting development of governance financial materials and providing business rationale that supports financial information
- Develop, maintain, and foster communications to multi-department management and staff, which includes:
- Facilitating monthly review sessions with key stakeholders to ensure integrity of all financial reporting and identification of financial risks and uncertainties
- Providing analytical reports, monthly trends, annual budget submissions, and recurring forecasts
- Provide financial consulting on key strategic initiatives and priorities to help business units stay focused on achieving strategic goals by:
- Validating all cross-functional charges and allocations to align with business direction and scope
- Ensuring staffing priorities are in-line with changing business priorities, through rigorous resource tracking, reporting, forecasting, and monitoring
- Advise and create business-driven financial analyses, ensuring alignment with business strategies, priorities, and financial requirements, including:
- Modeling the viability of new business efforts to include cost-benefit analyses, revenue alternatives, and costing scenarios based on the business leaders’ strategic direction and input
- Short and long term financial planning, including all investment products by building and analyzing multiple financial scenarios based on business and market assumptions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ of relevant experience
- Excellent communicator with strong writing skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and handle ambiguity
- Ability to effectively present information in written and verbal form to subordinates, customers and supervisors
- Strong knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles and the ability to comprehend and interpret complex financial transactions
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Proficient with Microsoft BI
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and ANSI Standard SQL
- Exposure to Azure Cloud Environment and experience working with Azure SQL Database
- Experience with Salesforce, Yardi, Microsoft Dynamics and ADP is a plus
- Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.