The Senior Financial Analyst within the Portfolio Finance team will be responsible for property level forecasting and planning; maintenance of Argus files; modeling, due diligence, and closings of acquisitions and dispositions; and providing analytical support for market leaders and portfolio management. Success will be defined, in part, by demonstrating proficiency in the use of Argus and developing relevant real estate financial analysis and modeling skills. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Portfolio Finance Team with a dotted line partnership to an assigned Portfolio Director/Market. The Senior Financial Analyst will be given direct financial responsibility for one or more assets to act as a strategic financial advisor within their Portfolio team. The position may also include travel and site visits to become an expert on asset position within the market, asset conditions and to build relationships with the Portfolio Management team and external brokers.
- Financial Goals – Act as strategic and analytical thought partner and leader to the Portfolio Directors (PD) on all financial matters related to the health and success of the company and assets in the market.
- Financial Planning – Create and maintain financial plan(s) with PD’s that are aligned with the property vision, org values, business objectives, and operating plans to grow asset value. This includes coordination with Regional Finance on the annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Investment Analyses – prepare monthly live valuation models / quarterly now expected models to evaluate total investment return, leverage strategies, cash flow forecasting, asset sales timing and values, and distribution forecasting.
- Liquidity / Cash Management – Manage liquidity needs, develop and monitor leading indicators of cash management concerns, and provide timely reporting to the PD and executive team. Actively liaison between Revantage Investment Reporting / Treasury and EQ Portfolio Management teams.
- Due Diligence and Underwriting – Support due diligence and closing phases for acquisition, disposition and debt transactions. Coordinate the flow of information & materials with various parties (buyers, sellers, lenders, attorneys, brokers); review due diligence materials (leases, financials, contracts, Offering Memorandums, Broker Opinions of Value, etc.); and prepare closing statements and memos. Review Argus files and associated financial assumptions and cash flow.
- Strategic Financial Analysis – Support efforts to coordinate strategic analysis as directed by senior leadership and/or Blackstone. This includes but is not limited to hold/sell analysis, yield on cost, repositioning analysis, and real estate tax (CA Prop 13).
- Argus Updates and Validation – Update Argus for executed and speculative leasing activity on a weekly basis, as well as market leasing assumptions, operating expenses and recovery pools in conjunction with the annual budget, quarterly reforecasts, or to reflect changing assumptions as agreed upon with the Portfolio Management team. Reconcile current to previous Argus cash flow projections and provide explanations for changes. Evaluate various cash flow scenarios and quantify impact on building valuation.
- Quarterly Valuation Models – Support Revantage Valuations team in preparing quarterly valuation model updates for Blackstone through the delivery of updated Argus models and variance tracking as outlined above, and collaborate with the Portfolio Directors on developing assumptions, communicating market developments, and assisting in audit and appraisal queries.
- Organization and Communication – Drive the organization and communication of key work products and information to effectively report to Portfolio Director and Blackstone asset or market conditions.
- Support Portfolio Work – Provide support, as assigned, to Portfolio Finance department in the following areas:
- EQ leadership presentations (e.g. Board Materials, Monthly Business Updates)
- Acquisition underwriting and onboarding
- Portfolio valuation models and stab walks
- Coordinate with Revantage teams on cash reviews, distributions planning, and lender compliance
- POV on market level data and impact on assets
- Seek and learn new technology that makes work more effective and efficient
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and show a strong attention to detail.
- Consensus builder with collaborative approach possessing the ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Remarkable organization and communication skills with an ability to work through complex issues with thoughtful solutions.
- Manages self and others in an open honest and transparent manner.
- Self-aware, self-secure, go getter, who knows the value of a team.
- Act like an owner and have a passion for problem solving.
- Works inclusively within a diverse team.
- Actively builds and enables supportive relationships to create a successful, dynamic and fun team organization and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- At least three years of experience in the real estate industry preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and ideally having a base familiarity with Argus
- Thorough understanding of financial concepts such as internal rate of return and net present value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Source: EQ Office Career Page
About EQ Office
EQ Office, a real estate investment company, previously known as Equity Office, currently owns eighty office buildings spanning over forty million square feet. With a particular focus on supporting and fostering growth for the thousands of companies they partner with across the country, EQ Office prides itself on working with business leaders to help discover and design inspiring workspaces with a particular attention to experience – activation, feeling, and performance.