Berkadia continues to grow, and we are seeking a Senior Managing Director for our Capital Markets division. In this newly created senior leadership role, you will develop the right programmatic relationships to bring capital into Berkadia. This is yours to build, and the outcomes will have significant positive impact on the business. Berkadia is flexible as to position location.
As the Senior Managing Director, Capital Markets, you will be responsible for:
- Raising discretionary Debt Capital from a variety of institutional and high net worth providers to support proprietary bridge lending capabilities
- Building relationships and partnership with banks and other lenders that would provide construction and other complimentary lending products
- Structuring innovative capital relationships directly with institutions
- Working collaboratively with internal corporate departments including mortgage banking, credit, underwriting, accounting, legal, marketing and loan servicing.
- Representing and presenting Berkadia to domestic and international banking and capital providers
What you need to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in real estate finance, with a demonstrated track record of arranging, negotiating and closing programmatic debt and equity transactions with third-party investors
- Strong relationships with a variety of capital providers including banks, pension funds, life companies, non-bank lenders and foreign and domestic investors
- Demonstrated skills and abilities structure and arrange capital from institutional and high net worth investors, either as a principal or on a fee basis on behalf of third-party institutions, such as private real estate investment companies
- Capital market transaction experience with rated debt financing, including CLO, CMBS and bond issuance
- Broad knowledge of real estate, specifically multifamily and healthcare (skilled nursing), and Agency lending programs a plus
- Honesty, integrity and transparency a must – this ties to Berkadia’s core values
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams using keen judgment, common sense and resourcefulness
- Spirit of collaboration
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic – Success of this role depends on building strong relationships
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; may require work on weekends, evenings and holidays on occasion
- Servant leader leadership style. Willing to mentor team members and learn from the team
- Travel required as appropriate when pandemic restrictions lift
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.