Senior Real Estate Analysts play a critical role at Berkadia, utilizing their expertise in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) finance to lead analytical projects, mentor Real Estate Analysts, and support Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking and Investment Sales professionals, all in the name of meeting the needs of Berkadia’s customers. The Senior Real Estate Analyst will have experience working on several types of real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process-driven tasks at various stages of the loan cycle to drive transactions to closing.
- Support Mortgage Banking and Investment Sales professionals in sourcing and executing business.
- Participate in marketing and sales efforts.
- Mentor and directs Real Estate Analyst on projects and deal-related tasks including cash flow and cost report analysis.
- Leverage Berkadia’s centralized resources including teams based in Hyderabad, India and Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Generate pro forma valuations and size appropriate loan options.
- Draft quotes to the business and credit teams and add/maintain quotes in the internal tracking (CRM) system.
- Follow up on outstanding business and address internal reporting needs to process loans.
- Review loan servicing data.
- Lead deal processing from applications to closings.
- Review due diligence material.
- Review pertinent market information, including rent/sale comps, capitalization rates, market vacancy, trends, and other data necessary to evaluate specific loan opportunities, including competitor information via Berkadia’s proprietary data tools and third-party sources.
- Interface with external parties including owners of real estate, providers of capital, vendors, consultants and attorneys.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- 3-5 years’ experience in underwriting/financial analytical capacity; experience in commercial real estate strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interface with customers.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to travel 1x or more per month for site inspections, meetings, and industry events.
Source: Berkadia’s Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.