The Senior Underwriter Single Family Rental is responsible for providing day-to-day financial, market and underwriting analysis of the Single Family Rental Portfolio loans. This position affords the opportunity to work closely with our Senior Credit team and Originators on the structuring and underwriting of transactions.
The Senior Underwriter, Single Family Rental will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Analyze, interpret and underwrite complex single family rental portfolio transactions in compliance with Arbor’s permanent and bridge parameters to meet or profitability goals.
- Provides credit analysis including but not limited to the following: borrowing purpose; borrowing structure; management ability; economic/market conditions; debt service coverage ratio; financial condition; management projections; cash flow and collateral analysis
- Manage loan conditions review in regard to credit, property and financial reviews.
- Special projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree; finance or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 7+ years of commercial underwriting experience with 1-2 years of direct experience underwriting Single Family Rental portfolios or small balance multi-family strongly preferred.
- Strong credit skills evidenced by ability to quickly evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a variety of transactions
- Highly developed analytical, research and written/oral presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and pro-active team player able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to mentor and train junior staff
Travel: Up to 5%
Source: Arbor Realty Trust Career page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.