We are seeking a Head of European Capital Formation and Investor Relations who will report to the Global Head of Strategy and Capital Formation, who works directly with the group’s CEO. This position will be based in London.
We are seeking an experienced professional with direct private markets institutional (pensions and insurance companies) investors relationships in the European Region, preferably in infrastructure.
Must a strong track record of client management and/or capital raising with closed-end private funds, and the ability to effectively communicate an investment strategy to prospective investors with the goal of raising capital.
- Strong track record of advising institutional investors and/or raising capital from high-quality investors
- Ability to be the lead relationship manager with European LPs with an emphasis on the France, Germany, Netherlands, Swiss and UK markets.
- Solid understanding of the private equity/credit fundraising process and investor service
- Sufficient experience with Infrastructure equity fundraising experience strategies (individual will be expected to become quickly conversant in the Firm’s digital investment strategy)
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework
Communication and Relationship Building Skills:
- Capability of articulating and selling investment strategy and engaging in solutions-oriented discussions with prospective investors
- Naturally able to connect and build strong relationships with others, strong emotional intelligence and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Proven interpersonal communication skills with well-developed presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting. An MBA would be an asset.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
Source: Colony Capital Career Page
About Colony Capital
Founded in 1991 by Thomas Barrack Jr, Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) is a Los Angeles based real estate equity REIT with an institutional investment management component. The company currently employs over 500 people worldwide managing in excess of $56 billion of private and public real estate equity and debt assets.
Previously referred to as Colony Northstar, Colony Capital has 17 locations across the world where it executes on its strategy of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and creating long-term value for its shareholders and investors through significant global scale, an expansive operating platform, capital markets access, and the ability to invest up and down the capital stack.