The Senior Analyst Market Research is responsible for supporting market research databases and analytical materials. Research involves quantitative analysis using AvalonBay’s market research data platform and is communicated to the company via the creation of proprietary databases, regular and adhoc data reporting, graphical exhibits, written analysis and verbal presentation.
- Maintains extensive time-series databases tracking the performance of communities, portfolios, submarkets and MSAs.
- Uses programmatic tools (FAME, Eviews, R, QGIS) to study and project supply and demand trends at the submarket level.
- Monitors economic and demographic trends and competitive dynamics in all of the regional markets in the United States.
- Applies quantitative research skills in segmenting and understanding renters market.
- Communicates findings throughout the company across all disciplines, helping to solve specific issues/challenges, and providing support as topical issues arise. Communication involves written analysis, creation of statistical exhibits and collaborative work within project work groups.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, or a closely related field required plus 2 to 5 years of relevant experience. Will also consider a Master’s degree in a Real Estate discipline, Economics or similar discipline with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience could include work at a real estate investment or brokerage company, a data consulting firm specializing in applied data analysis, or generally an occupation involving applied business economics and research.
- Strong technical knowledge including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI.
- Working knowledge of a GIS platform (QGIS, ArcGIS), familiarity with data structures, query language (SQL), and a statistical programming language (R, Python) highly beneficial
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
Source: Avalon Bay Career Page
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. AvalonBay owns and operates approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.