Prepares market value appraisals on simple real estate assets with considerable supervision and oversight, training and mentoring by supervisory Appraiser or Manager. Assists senior appraiser in the preparation of real estate appraisal reports, including entering data in the property database, taking photos of the subject and comparables, and driving the neighborhood. Confirms data, conducts discussions with market participants, and performs additional research as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and completes analysis and research on simple appraisal assignments.
- Prepares written market value reports from cover to cover with substantial analytical guidance of a senior appraiser.
- Examines and analyzes simple income producing properties and writes an analysis based on market comparisons.
- Researches market area and analyzes current transactions and how they compare to the subject property.
- Attempts to make a comparison analysis based on sales of similar properties.
- Analyzes of past revenue and expense performance and attempts to project a stabilized operating statement.
- May be trained to utilize Argus (cash flow software) and 3rd party databases to compile data for appraisal report.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of one to two years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles. Basic understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Good writing skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Source: CBRE Career Page
CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) is the world's leading real estate services and investment firm. Serving real estate investors and tenants around the globe in more than 100 countries, the company offers services such as: Occupier Outsourcing, Property Management, Development Services, Investment Management, Appraisal and Valuation, Property Sales, and Mortgages Services.
The company boasts 75,000+ employees and generated $13.1 billion in revenue in 2016. It is a Fortune 500 company (#259 in 2016) and was named America's 15th Best Employer by Forbes in 2016. Career opportunites at CBRE are extensive, working in groups such as the Asset Services, Advsisory and Transaction Services , Capital Markets, Valuation and Advisory Services, and CBRE Global Investors. CBRE also offers development services through its subsidiary, Trammell Crow Company.