The Underwriter will be responsible for the Underwriting of loans under various Agency (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac) financing programs.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The Underwriter will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Collect, package, review and reconcile loan application documents including financial/credit exhibits under various underwriting programs
- Order and perform the preliminary review of all third party reports (appraisal, inspection and environmental) for compliance with guidelines
- Underwrite Multifamily Loans in accordance with (GSE) Fannie Mae and (GSE) Freddie Mac Agency guidelines and requirements, while adhering to established timelines
- Prepare thorough Underwriting Narrative and Loan Calculation Worksheet for presentation to Arbor’s Loan Committee to evaluate creditworthiness
- Collect, analyze, and approve all required due diligence for Multifamily loans specific to either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
- Formulate Net Operating Income in accordance with GSE Guidelines using sponsor submitted operating data and appraisal proforma data
- Review and analysis of loan application documents including:
- Financial/credit exhibits
- Review of all third party technical reports for Underwriting
- Liaise with Arbor’s upper management and Origination staff, along with and GSE Representatives as necessary
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Perform property and market inspections to evaluate property conditions and market/submarket dynamics
Education: Bachelor’s degree; finance or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in commercial and/or multi-family real estate finance; Preferably with GSE Agency experience; Working knowledge of agency Underwriting guidelines, title, survey and legal descriptions. Credit training is a plus but not required.
- Experience in the real estate or mortgage banking/finance industry
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Hard working, a quick study, detail oriented and have the ability to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and pro-active team player able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent analytical, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to mentor and train junior staff
Travel: Up to 15%
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.