Underwriting Analysts play a critical role at Berkadia supporting multi-billion-dollar lending platforms. The Underwriting Analyst will help analyze proposed transactions, prepare formal recommendations, and assist in the closing and delivery of approved loans to necessary constituents. A candidate with the desire to learn and grow will have the opportunity to advance within the team and company overall.
- Support underwriters (including deputy chief underwriters and chief underwriter) execute business.
- Analyze multifamily housing real estate transactions, which includes assisting in the collection and review of loan due diligence materials, the generation of underwriting pro forma cash flows, identifying and evaluating risks and mitigates associated with a proposed transaction, and preparing formal presentations for loan committee.
- Assist in all aspects of deal processing from application through underwriting and closing to delivery of the loan to servicing and/or investor.
- Coordinate and monitor loan underwriting tasks performed by offshore resources as well as external third parties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work product.
- Perform site inspections of collateral associated with proposed loans.
What someone will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, analytic, and quantitative skills, detail oriented and possessing a high level of initiative;
- Knowledge of cash flow analysis and exposure to commercial real estate preferred;
- Advanced MS Office experience, especially with Excel, with prior Salesforce experience preferred;
- Can-do, proactive attitude with a bias towards developing solutions rather than waiting for answers;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Must live in the greater Dallas area as this position will not be fully remote.
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.