We are currently seeking an experienced relationship manager to lead and work alongside the APAC Head of Private Wealth Management in driving asset management retail sales in Japan. This role will focus on originating new opportunities across the retail sales channel in Japan. You will be primarily focused on building and maintaining new relationships with mega banks, regional banks, securities firms, Japanese local asset managers focused on retail and high net worth capital. Ideally, you will have institutional experience, coupled with the ability to take on marketing of Brookfield’s hedge fund capabilities to institutional investors in Japan. The role will represent across Brookfield’s investment platform including our daily liquid public securities capabilities and private funds capabilities as well as semi-liquid vehicles.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to :
- Originating new opportunities across the retail sales channel in Japan
- Strong track record of wealth management fund raising and business development
- Quantifiable track record of raising capital within retail asset management channels in Japan
- Developing new business partners/distributors, and turn these into productive relationships generating flows in the mid to long term to meet sale targets
- Designing and executing sales plan to facilitate growth of new retail asset management/securities/distributors in Japan
- Managing all aspects of the sales life cycle
- Drive profitable growth by developing and managing long-term relationships with institutions
- Able to achieve targets for assets under management (AuM), revenue generation
- Stretch coverage taking on the marketing of Brookfield’s hedge fund capabilities in Japan to institutional investors.
To be successful in this role, it is expected that you possess a strong track record of wealth management fund raising and business development in Japan. You will also have the following:
- Appropriate degree in accounting/ finance.
- At least 10 years’ experience in capital raising roles for asset management retail sales channels in Japan with a global or local firm
- Experience in alternatives real estate, infrastructure and public markets (liquid real asset experience preferred)
- A strong network of relationships within the retail asset management channel in Japan with Banks, Securities Houses, Japan Local Asset Managers, Investment Consultants
- Outstanding relationship-building, communication and presentation skills is required
- Fluent in Japanese, English
- Self-motivated and proactive with respect to managing workload and new business origination
- Ideally experienced working in an international organisation and team including willingness to work irregular hours including late nights due to global organisation
- Possess Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Source: Brookfield Career Page
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over 115 years of investment experience. The firm currently has over $285 Billion in assets under management (as of Feb. 2018) managed by more than 70,000 people in over 30 countries.
The firm invests across real estate, private equity, infrastructure, and renewable energy. Brookfield owns and operates a real estate portfolio containing $155 billion worth of assets under management and over 450 million square feet of iconic real estate across all asset classes and throughout the world.