Toll Brothers, America’s builder of luxury homes, is seeking a Vice President of Purchasing to oversee vendor and subcontractor relations and management of all related contracts in the Charlotte division. This position will be based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Vice President of Purchasing position is a senior level cost strategist that is an integral part of the division leadership team. They oversee the purchasing function that is accountable for all aspects of divisional purchasing to include, developing, negotiating, and executing local vendor agreements for all trade categories. This role will work with the Director of Community Design & Start Up on new community set up and support the Cost Manager role in ensuring pricing for Design Studio options/customs. The Purchasing Director will also ensure compliance to national purchasing policies/specifications/scopes throughout the division.
- Oversee purchasing staff with trade partner negotiation and contracts
- Manage relationships with local trade partners, manufacturers and distributors; either directly or through the management of their purchasing team
- Manage new community contracting to strive for complete contracting before a community opens for sale
- Oversee contract maintenance component of contracting to reduce dependence on EPOs
- Measure trade partner performance, track, and counsel
- Analytics/Process Improvement/Supply Chain Optimization
- Drive a culture of cost awareness and cost savings strategies through SKU rationalization, new business processes, streamlining processes and aggressive bidding of contracts
- Analyze total spend by: trade category, supplier, community, option sales, etc. to identify opportunities to leverage spending for greater savings
- Partner with National Purchasing to leverage company spend/size to drive divisional savings
- Drive cost savings strategies by working with other stacks on architectural reviews and value engineering of new plan designs and product specifications
- Work with Land/Forward Planning to prepare preliminary cost estimates for new land deals
- Recommend strategic sourcing strategies to lower/mitigate costs/increases
- Unit Pricing/Unbundling of Trade Categories
- Fulfill unit price “unbundling” strategy in key trade categories to gain greater visibility into material and labor costs
- Work with in-house or third-party estimating resources to provide take offs for this “unbundling” strategy
- Review and monitor EPOs/Custom Option costs in the division
- Ensure vigilant contract maintenance to cut down on EPO spend
- Work closely with division Controller and APMs to control cost overruns with requests for extras from the field
- Work with cost managers/design studio on custom option requests from the studios
- Manage the custom option request process of the purchasing team by costing the custom option request ahead of time and inputting into BuildPro
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the nation’s most respected Fortune 500 companies!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, or Supply Chain Management (or extensive experience in the residential homebuilding industry)
- 7-10 years of experience in contracting and negotiating residential homebuilder subcontractor contracts/building materials/supply chain management
- Experience managing a team
- Solid knowledge of residential building plans and materials from foundation to finish
- Experience with J.D. Edwards ERP software is a plus
About Toll Brothers
As America's #1 luxury home builder, we settle for nothing but the highest quality – in the homes we design and build and in the talent we recruit. At Toll Brothers, your career will be as unique as the communities we build. Learn how you can start your career with us.