The VP – Originations plays a critical role at Berkadia, utilizing their expertise in CRE finance to lead analytical projects, mentor junior analysts, and to support Berkadia’s mortgage bankers and investment sales professionals meet the needs of Berkadia’s customers. The VP-Originations will have experience working on a number of real estate transactions, with experience conducting due diligence, valuing CRE properties, sizing loans, and overseeing critical process driven tasks to drive transactions to closing.
- Supports mortgage bankers and investment sales professionals source and execute business
- Participates in local marketing and sales efforts
- Mentors and directs junior analysts on projects and deal-related tasks
- Leverages Company’s centralized resources including teams based in Hyderabad, India
- Analyzes commercial and multifamily real estate, which includes generating pro forma valuations and sizing appropriate loan options
- Prepares formal loan submissions for lenders
- Leads deal processing from applications to closings
- Reviews due diligence material for real estate transactions
- Interfaces with external parties including owners of real estate, providers of capital, vendors, consultants and attorneys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience with cash flow and cost report analysis
- Experience leading small projects
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with Argus preferred
- Ability to interface with customers
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.