LaSalle Investment Management is currently seeking an Asset Manager for its Income and Growth Fund team. LaSalle’s Income and Growth Fund series is LaSalle’s flagship discretionary US Value Add fund series with a long-term track record dating back 25+ years. The I&G team is currently investing its eighth fund, which totals over $830 million of limited partner equity commitments. The team seeks an experienced asset manager at the Vice President level to be based in its Chicago office. This position will focus on the execution of value add risk profile property investments spanning multiple property sectors and will report directly to the Income and Growth Fund team’s head of asset management.
- Develop and implement annual asset level strategic plans, including hold/sell analysis
- Lead the research, analysis, and execution of asset level strategic initiatives
- Oversee property level operating activities including supervision of third-party property managers, leasing agents, construction project managers, architects or other key stakeholders in asset repositioning.
- Manage the relationship and property level execution for any properties owned with a Joint Venture Partner
- Establish leasing objectives/guidelines, provide oversight of leasing function, manage lease process and negotiate lease documents
- Engage and direct property managers in development of operating budgets including capital and leasing plans
- Review of financial reports to monitor performance and achieve investment objectives
- Provide inputs to client quarterly reporting for assets and present asset results to clients on quarterly and annual basis
- Oversee and direct the completion quarterly valuations and cash flow forecasts
- Assist in economic underwriting and due diligence for acquisitions and transition of acquisitions to Asset Management
- Manage the disposition process for property sales
- Assist with property level financings
- Participate in Investment Committee and client presentations
- Establish and maintain industry relationships in respective markets
- Oversee the responsibilities of asset analysts for assigned assets
- Minimum 7 years of commercial investment or asset management real estate experience within a value add or opportunistic real estate investment or development firm
- BA/BS degree required; MBA degree preferred
- Asset Repositioning and disposition experience preferred
- Prior experience in multiple property sectors, both major and niche sectors
- Ability to negotiate various types of real estate contracts
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with external and internal clients, operating partners, brokerage community, and property managers required
- Ability to work well with others and manage/motivate junior staff
- Team player
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
- Willingness to travel
About LaSalle Investment Management
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the leading real estate investment managers in the world. Over 700 employers across 24 worldwide offices manage $60+ billion of real estate assets on behalf of 400+ institutional and high net worth investors.
LaSalle Investment Management offers exceptional career and advancement opportunities as well as a chance to work with some of the finest people and best real estate in the world. LaSalle Investment Management is an independent subsidiary of Fortune 500 company, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).