Responsible for coordination of acquisition and development analysis and due diligence activities. Manages through coordination of construction manager, property managers, city officials, consultants, leasing teams, and tenants. Responsible for development of business plans for operating assets, including determining budgeted market rents, assisting in sourcing capital for investments and working with lenders and partners to capitalize projects. Conducts asset management of value-added assets (i.e., non-stabilized) in business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of acquisitions and development analysis and due diligence activities. Manages customer service through coordination of construction and property managers, city officials, consultants, leasing teams and tenants.
- Assists in sourcing debt and equity capital for projects, including production of capital requests and participation in presentations to capital as well as TCC investment committee. Gathers proposed terms from a variety of debt and equity sources to be used in determining optimal capital structure for project.
- Serves as asset manager for value-added (i.e., non-stabilized) assets in business unit portfolio, including negotiation of leases, administration of project loan issues pertaining to property operations, directing property managers and leasing agents, communication and strategizing with capital partners, and working with business unit principals and investment sale brokers at time of monetization.
- Responsible for development of business plans for operating assets, including determination of budgeted market rents and lease structures, operating expenses, capital budgets, etc.
- Retains/expands business by dealing effectively with major customers through delivery of targeted, cost effective projects.
- Assists in new business pursuits.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major project, functional area, or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Recommends recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action, and termination of direct reports to next level management for approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or architecture from an appropriate 4-year college program (Law degree or MBA preferred). Typically at least 6 years minimum experience in commercial real estate with strong financial or marketing orientation.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, client groups, sellers, and lenders of real estate to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial and real estate terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees project budget.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.
Source: CBRE Career Page
CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) is the world's leading real estate services and investment firm. Serving real estate investors and tenants around the globe in more than 100 countries, the company offers services such as: Occupier Outsourcing, Property Management, Development Services, Investment Management, Appraisal and Valuation, Property Sales, and Mortgages Services.
The company boasts 75,000+ employees and generated $13.1 billion in revenue in 2016. It is a Fortune 500 company (#259 in 2016) and was named America's 15th Best Employer by Forbes in 2016. Career opportunites at CBRE are extensive, working in groups such as the Asset Services, Advsisory and Transaction Services , Capital Markets, Valuation and Advisory Services, and CBRE Global Investors. CBRE also offers development services through its subsidiary, Trammell Crow Company.