Work with the best commercial real estate team in the industry! As the largest financial institution and multifamily lender in the country, JPMorgan Chase is looking for well-seasoned real estate review appraisers who want to bring their significant expertise and knowledge to a team that specializes in multifamily and commercial appraisal assignments, with a strong emphasis on multifamily product ranging from 5 to 500 units. We are dedicated to helping real estate appraisal professionals grow with our team. We will provide all of the equipment, training, data sources, and software for real estate review appraisers who have an eagerness and passion for ensuring that appraisal reports meet our strong quality assurance standards. This position will provide experienced real estate reviewers with an opportunity for professional growth within a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-collaborative team.
A successful candidate’s essential job duties include:
- Performing reviews of appraisal reports for multifamily residential (5+ units) and/or commercial properties to determine the credibility of market values developed for financially-related transactions in accordance with internal appraisal policies/procedures, industry standards, and regulatory requirements (USPAP & FIRREA).
- Using risk-based decisions, work with stakeholders to ensure that appraisal reviews are complete, accurate, adequate, relevant, and reasonable based on sound real estate appraisal methodology.
- Learning and performing the administrative tasks that drive the CRE Appraisal Review process.
- Continual development of local market knowledge and national real estate trends.
- A 4-year college or master’s degree is preferred.
- State Certified General Appraiser License (Commercial Positions).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience appraising and/or reviewing complex multifamily residential, mixed-use, and/or commercial properties.
- Significant experience appraising or reviewing for financial institutions is preferred.
- Strong analytical, business writing, and oral communication skills are a must.
- Computer/technology knowledge is required as well as a proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Comprehensive knowledge or certification of Argus software is preferred.
- National Review experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and elevate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Must be self-motivated and manage time efficiently to meet service-level deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving.
- Understanding of various construction types and mechanical systems as well as hazards such as flood, environmental, earthquake, and zoning conditions.
- Ability to analyze properties with complex characteristics.
- Superior knowledge of local real estate metro areas and neighborhood.
- MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute or equivalent credential is preferred.
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.