LaSalle Investment Management is seeking an acquisitions Associate or experienced acquisitions Analyst to join its Income & Growth Fund team to assist with real estate investment transactions. The Income & Growth Fund Series is LaSalle’s flagship set of closed-end value add investment vehicles. The position will be located in the firm’s Chicago headquarters. The role will provide investment exposure to a variety of property sectors / US geographic regions and will be focused on core plus, value add and opportunistic deal profiles. The role will also provide exposure to fund/portfolio level considerations, interaction with fund limited partners, as well as to all aspects of property level execution throughout the asset hold period including financing, asset management, and disposition. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of relevant work experience and a passion for real estate investing. The position offers a candidate career growth opportunities and development in a team-focused environment and will directly report to Income & Growth’s senior acquisition officers.
- Assist team members with evaluating, underwriting and closing potential acquisitions
- Perform complex financial analyses, including Argus and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, cash flow projections / valuation models and sensitivity analyses;
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, property operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related materials;
- Participate in acquisition, financing and joint venture structuring
- Gather, evaluate and analyze in depth economic and market data; and
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda to the firm’s Investment Committee and materials for the Fund’s limited partners.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics or related field with a strong record of academic achievement
- 2 – 4 years of real estate acquisitions, asset management, financing, investment sales or capital markets experience is required.
SKILLS / OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel; Argus experience is required
- Experienced building DCF, NPV, joint venture waterfall and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical abilities with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experienced in executing transaction due diligence and closing, across multiple property sectors preferred.
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Meticulously detail oriented with a strong work ethic and ability to creatively solve problems.
- Ability to travel regularly and work demanding hours, when necessary
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
About LaSalle Investment Management
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the leading real estate investment managers in the world. Over 700 employers across 24 worldwide offices manage $60+ billion of real estate assets on behalf of 400+ institutional and high net worth investors.
LaSalle Investment Management offers exceptional career and advancement opportunities as well as a chance to work with some of the finest people and best real estate in the world. LaSalle Investment Management is an independent subsidiary of Fortune 500 company, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).